The solar charge controller also has a negative Ground and a maximum point of 150V PV input. It also has an advanced maximum power point tracking technology to optimise using the solar system. It supports 4 charging options: Sealed, Gel, Flooded and User-defined. It integrates various protections such as; over temperature, overcharging, PV and load short, PV (battery) revered, over current protection. What else would you ask for in a solar charge controller try this out and see what it can offer for your system.
- Small and easy to install so it is perfect for RVs, hiking or camping.
- MT50 remote meter is useful to provide system information, along with the temperature sensor.
- Supports 4 stages charging options: sealed, gel, flooded and user-defined
- Ultra-fast tracking speed and guaranteed tracking efficiency.
- 2-year warranty
- Hard to find out how to download and install the firmware and how to check the firmware version of the device.
- You have to buy MT50 remote meter, it is a must-have item.
- Negative Ground, Max 150V(Voc) PV input. A higher input capacity will allow you wiring more solar panels in series to minimum pv current
- Advanced maximum power point tracking technology to optimize the solar system. This 40A MPPT solar charger 's tracking efficiency can reach 99.5%
- Support 4 charging options: Sealed, Gel, Flooded and User-defined. Compatible with AGM batteries, User mode allow you set your own charging parameters
- Over temperature, over charging, PV and load short, PV (battery) revered, over current protection. Comes with RS-485 communication bus interface, It is Standard MODBUS interface
- This 40A Charge Controller works with Max 600W Solar Panel Charging a 12v Battery System, or 1200W Panel on 24v Battery System.
Tracer BN series is EPsolar’s second generation of MPPT charge controllers. Compared with the CLASSIC Tracer series, it has extensive communication ability. And the die-cast aluminum design ensures excellent heat dispersion.
The SolarEpic MPPT 40A Solar Charge Controller 150V PV input Tracer is for off-grid solar systems and control the charging and discharging of the battery.
The controller comes with an advanced monitoring algorithm which maximizes the energy from the solar PV module(s) and charge the battery. The low voltage disconnect function (LVD) will stop the battery from over charging.
The battery charging process has been optimized for extended battery life and enhanced system performance.
The comprehensive self-diagnostics and electronic security functions can prevent damage from installing errors or system defects. Additionally, the Tracer-BN series has a RJ45 interface to permit communication with other accessories.
What advantages have been highlighted in user reviews of the SolarEpic MPPT 40A Solar Charge Controller?
The user reviews for this solar charge controller are mostly 5 star ratings from customers who are very happy with their purchase. There’s absolutely a positive response to the functionality and potential of the system which demonstrates that it is well designed and well considered. The smart tech and system attributes imply that the SolarEpic solar charge control is a fantastic tool for anyone seeking to go off grid.
With a nearly perfect rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars, we would give this charge controller our recommendation.
The solar charge controller has an advanced maximum power point tracking technology to maximizing the energy output to get a fantastic performance. Many user reviews are very positive about the quality of the performance and the reliability of the system.
It supports 4 charging options: Sealed, Gel, Flooded and User-defined. According to user reviews it provides greater variability, as well as the promise of a long battery life.
Many happy customers also talk about the capability to offer great consistency and power for a range of applications. This includes tough air conditioning needs and the ability to charge many electronics at the same time.
There is also the sense here that this device is a smart model meaning it can do a lot without any user interference. It provides protection against short circuiting, overcharging and overheating, as well as smart self-diagnostics tools, to keep the performance and increase the safety of the product.
With over 90% high quality reviews there are no major reports of faults happening with the system and no difficulties with overheating, even in warmer climates.
What Disadvantages have been highlighted in user reviews of the SolarEpic MPPT 40A Solar Charge Controller?
The primary problem here is that this system can’t be controlled and programmed without the remote, since there are no controls on this device. This separate controller is an additional purchase and raises the overall costs